GI Bill®

"GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at"

Saint Vincent College appreciates the men and women who serve our country and supports military veterans, spouses and dependents.  There are many benefits for attending Saint Vincent College to advance your education and skills.  The Financial Aid Office at Saint Vincent College is here to assist you with your next step towards achieving your educational goals. 

Saint Vincent College is proud to participate in the Post -9/11 GI Bill®.  We have voluntarily entered into an agreement with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to fund uncovered tuition and fee charges for all  Chapter 33 Yellow Ribbon eligible Veterans, as determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.  Saint Vincent will award Yellow Ribbon benefits for tuition and fees not covered by the Post -9/11 GI Bill®, using institutional funds awarded to the student upon admission.  Remaining institutional funds may be used to cover direct Saint Vincent College costs such as room and board.

Veterans eligible for this benefit may designate a child as a transferee under Transfer of Entitlement.  

The first step to receiving Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits is to complete the form 22-1990 by applying online at Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP).   Approval for Veterans Affairs benefits may be a lengthy process and students are encouraged to complete this application as early as possible.  Eligible veterans will receive a Certificate of Eligibility.  Once received, please submit a copy of the certificate to the Financial Aid Office and schedule an appointment to discuss your benefits.  The Certificate of Eligibility is required to submit enrollment certification to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Saint Vincent College administers multiple Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits.  For more information regarding these benefits, the Yellow Ribbon Program and a student’s responsibilities please visit US Dept. of Veterans Affairs Education and Training.  The Financial Aid Office strongly encourages all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Eligibility for federal and state financial aid is in addition to Veterans Affairs benefits.

Click here to read an article on making a new start in college as a civilian, which includes tips from a veteran member of our faculty, Dr. Eric Kocian.  

Click here to register on a new Pennsylvania job-search portal, JobGateway, which includes a military translator that allows you to enter your military occupation code (MOS/MOC), matches it to civilian skills and occupations, and allows you to automatically receive job postings that match your preferences.