LATROBE, Pennsylvania – On May 1, thirteen Saint Vincent College students were inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon, the national mathematics honor society, in a ceremony at the Fred M. Rogers Center.
To be eligible for admission, undergraduate students must have completed at least the equivalent of two semesters of calculus and two additional courses in mathematics at or above the calculus level, all of which lead to the fulfillment of the requirements for a major in mathematics. In addition, such students must have maintained a grade point average equivalent to that of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale, both for all courses that lead to fulfillment of requirements for a major in mathematical sciences and also for all courses that lead to fulfillment of requirements for an undergraduate degree.
The 2019 Saint Vincent College inductees into Pi Mu Epsilon include:
- Cody Adams, junior economics and mathematics major from Greensburg.
- Eric Bono, junior mathematics major from Pittsburgh (15227).
- Randal Cochenour, junior mathematics major and secondary education minor from Canonsburg.
- Grace Harris, junior early childhood education major from Canonsburg.
- Emily Hoover, senior mathematics major from Friedens.
- Thomas Kromka, senior economics and mathematics major from Monroeville.
- Gabrielle Lucas, junior mathematics major and secondary education minor from Latrobe.
- Gage McCracken, junior mathematics major from North Huntingdon.
- Paige Montrose, junior economics and mathematics major from Seven Fields.
- Allie Richter, junior mathematics major and secondary education minor from Connellsville.
- Zachary Schuler, junior economics and mathematics major from Pittsburgh (15241).
- Isaac Therrien, junior economics and mathematics major from Freedom.
- Maura Williams, junior mathematics major from New Wilmington.
PHOTO: Front row (holding banner, left to right): Maura Williams; Gabrielle Lucas. Middle row (left to right): Dr. Jennifer White, assistant professor of mathematics; Grace Harris; Emily Hoover; Allie Richter; Cody Adams; Zachary Schuler and Br. Norman Hipps, O.S.B., president of Saint Vincent College. Top row (left to right): Dr. Daniele Arcara, mathematics department chair; Paige Montrose; Eric Bono; Thomas Kromka; Cody Adams; Gage McCracken; and Dr. Alexander Borselli, assistant professor of mathematics.
A full photo gallery of the induction ceremony can be found online on the Saint Vincent Flickr account.
YouTube: Saint Vincent College