The office of Multicultural Student Life helps to foster a diverse community by providing support and educational opportunities for all students. More specifically, we pride ourselves on our commitment to educating students and promoting the importance of equity and diversity through programs and mentorship.
What is Diversity?
Diversity, in short, is a variety of differences. It is the understanding that each individual is unique and has individual differences. These differences can be with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs and/or other ideologies.
The Office of Multicultural Student Life aides in helping students explore these differences in a safe, positive and nurturing environment. We encourage students to understand and have respect for one another – appreciating the differences that make each individual unique.
- Mentoring: meeting one-on-one with minority students
- Advising: advisor to Uniting All People and International Students Union clubs
- Programming: providing students with cultural and educational experiences
- Open Door Policy: giving students the opportunity to express thoughts and ideas
- Life in Christ: Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Celebration
- International Week
- Cultural Fair
- Multicultural Mystery Dinner Series
- Black History Month
- Women’s History Month
- Movie Nights
- Game Nights
- Educational Discussions