(Deadline to apply: October 2, 2020)
The Facilities Management Office at Saint Vincent College currently has an opening for a full-time Grounds Crew member. The Grounds Crew member will be responsible for performing maintenance duties to include snow removal from roadway and sidewalks, grass mowing, trimming, weeding, flower bed maintenance, maintenance of roadway and roadway devices, fencing, athletic field lining, and unloading of deliveries. Must be able to work with a diverse group of dept heads such as Archabbot, Prior, faculty dept heads, students, tradesmen, outside contractors and vendors, and custodians.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Mowing of grass.
- Weed eating.
- Leaf removal.
- Weeding of flower beds.
- Mulching areas on campus.
- Planting of trees, flowers and bushes.
- Written reports of items needed to provide Institutional maintenance.
- Repair of roadways and parking lots.
- Maintaining of outside playing fields following the NCAA rules for grass, boundaries, and obstacles.
- Snow removal from roads and sidewalks.
- Maintaining tennis courts.
- Installing security fencing for Steeler Training camp.
- Provide support for Steeler camp with goal posts, floor building, table and chair set up and delivery.
- Moving furniture for office moves.
- Unloading trucks.
- Cleaning roadway drains.
- Outside bench repair and painting.
- Perform duties from written work orders.
- Provide set up support by maintaining fields and lining for different events, delivering tables and chairs to event rooms and other locations.
- Work with a contractor's on-site job supervisor to complete remodels or new builds.
- Hauling of paper, furniture items to the dumpsters, and items to storage.
- Setting up cleaning up of picnics, spring fest, and other outside activities.
- Daily interaction with students, faculty, dept. heads, dept directors, and alike.
- Working on weekends to line fields and preparing for games following NAIA rules.
- Maintaining the grounds by removing debris of all kinds to keep us looking as good as possible for in-coming guests.
- Cutting and removal of trees.
Special challenges and environment:
Must understand and direct how to follow safety precautions and procedures both verbal and written.
Must always wear Personal Protection Equipment.
May occasionally need to lift and /or manipulate heavy objects.
Operate power equipment related to trade works such as saws, drills, backhoes, forklifts, push mowers, riding mowers and snowplows.
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements of dirt, biohazards, dust, temperature, fumes, and unpleasant odors, and/or noise.
Maintaining old equipment while keeping up with modem equipment.
Work involves considerable physical activity including lifting, pulling, or pushing objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Environment may involve some exposure to hazards, such as chemicals, and physical risks that are mitigated by and require following safety rules and precautions and using MSDS product sheets.
Must be able to adjust to continual changes while planning and finishing jobs. Must be available on call during the winter months for snow removal.
All positions require the incumbent to be able to fully embrace the unique mission and identity of the College as a Catholic, Benedictine liberal arts and sciences institution. Saint Vincent College is committed to diversity and encourages applicants from all qualified candidates. Saint Vincent College is committed to building a diversified and competent population of faculty and staff, and encourages applications from women and minorities. Saint Vincent is an equal opportunity employer.